Friday, March 9, 2018

Lemon Drop Crochet Baby Beanie, Capri yarn by Loops & Threads



Last month I was at Michael's and all the Loops & Threads yarn was on sale for 50% off. 

I had an additional coupon for 20% off. 

I bought a lot of yarn that day, including two small skeins of Capri by Loops and Threads, which I never tried before. 


This yarn is a blend of cotton, nylon, and polyester. It's chunky (category 4), but super soft. There are 87 yards in each skein. 

I thought it would be enough to make a baby hat. 


I worked with a size I/9 (5.5 mm) hook and came up with a newborn beanie pattern using a textured crochet stitch. 

Because I made a tiny hat (size newborn), which measures only about 13 inches in circumference and 5 inches in height, I was able to make three hats out of two skeins. 

These three newborn hats will now go into my donations box.




The pattern is now available on my website: olgapoltava.com 






No comments:

Post a Comment